Thursday, January 6, 2011

12 Weeks!

Well, finally made it to 12 weeks! Next Tuesday after my check up with the doctor we'll make our official "we're pregnant" announcement. So far just our family and a few close friends have been told.

On November 14th we found out that we were expecting our second child and we're both very excited about it. Somehow we were able to keep the secret until Christmas. I made a binder for my parents for Christmas, in it was a bio sheet for each grandchild and a recent picture of them. It included their birth date, favorite outfits, most memorable moment, etc. They went in birth order starting with Wyatt. The last page was a bio for Baby Burak and a picture of the ultrasound that was done at 8 weeks. Making up the stats for the baby was kind of fun. Favorite outfit was a "birthday suit", hobbies included swimming and developing organs, biggest achievement was having a strong heartbeat (148 at 8 weeks, 5 days). I can't believe that no one had a clue, it was so much fun to tell them.

I'm definately showing a lot sooner this time. I haven't announced it at work but I'm already wearing maternity clothes, I'm just waiting for someone to ask. The other day I walked by Andy with a tighter fitting shirt and he said "Oh my god! You're pregnant!" I replied with "Hmm, I thought I already told you" Evidently that was the first time he realized I was already showing.

Our due date is July 21, I'm hoping everything is on time so I'm out of the hospital in time for my 30th birthday August 3rd!

No comments: